cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject [C2]: EntityResolver or URLFactory ?
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 14:11:17 GMT
Hi,

seeing the different questions in the mailing list and looking through
the sources of some generators I am a little bit confused, where to
use the EntityResolver and where the URLFactory.

E.g. the FileGenerator uses the EntityResolver to resolve its source
whereas the HTMLGenerator uses the URLFactory.
If I understood Giacomo's email, the EntityResolver has to be used,
because it is the only object which can handle subsitemaps, but
the EntityResolver is not able to handle urls, like "resource://".

Even worse, the URLFactoryImpl does not handle files which do not exists
correctly. If you use "test.xml" as an input to the URLFactoryImpl and
"cocoon/test.xml" does not exists, the URLFactoryImpl does not use the
Context-Root for this file, but assumes that it is already absolute.

For me, it seems the only working solution is to merge both approaches,
that the EntityResolver uses internally the URLFactory.

Or did I oversee something?

Carsten