cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: [C2] Sitemap Mounting issue
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 08:50:22 GMT
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> > giacomo wrote:
> > >
> > > On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> > >

> > <Snip/>

> levels of
> > >
> > > I doubt the last sentence. Its like a chroot environment.
> >
> > (maybe I should have qualified it to _servlet_ developers)
> >
> > You presented some convincing arguments regarding the way it is
> set up now.
> > There is still the redundancy issue with stylesheets.  How do I use a
> > specific stylesheet without having 10 copies of them based on where the
> > map is mounted.
>
> I see I've never thought about them.
>
> > We have a series of stylesheets that all pages are sent through
> so that we
> > have a uniform look and feel.  I am trying to keep the modularity up and
> > the rework down.  Would I specify them with "context://" URLs?
> >
> > IOW will this work regardless of the sitemap that is processing
> the request?
> >
> > <map:match pattern="**.html">
> >   <map:generate src="foo.xml"/>
> >   <map:transform src="context://stylesheets/foo2xhtml.xsl"/>
> >   <map:serialize/>
> > </map:match>
>
> This is in fact a problem. The Environment object which acts as a
> EntityResolver for the changable context root mentioned is not able to
> get at a component manager to lookup the URL factories (at least I
> haven't found a way). This leads to implement a context protocol in the
> EntityResolver part of the Environment as well.
>
> Any suggestion for an solution?

This is a problem I'm dreaming of over the last weeks. I first
thought of making even the Environment a component, so it could
declare itself as Composable and can get any component,
especially the URL factories.
But unfortunalety the creator of the environment, the servlet,
has no access to the component manager as well. So same problem.

I personally would like to have the component manager available
to the servlet as well, so it could use any configured avalon
component for initialisiation and configuration purposes.
But, again unfortunately, the only way I see currently to
get a component manager to the servlet is a simple hack of
Cocoon.java, declaring the component manager Cocoon uses
as public and the servlet can use it.

Any other solutions?

> Giacomo

Carsten