cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Per Kreipke" <...@onclave.com>
Subject RE: [C2]: Request/Response cleanup?
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:31:42 GMT
Giacomo wrote:

> There are other nice things _not_ in C2 because of some good reason.
> Why is redirection nice? What's the use case for rediretion inside
> components (includes XSP pages) ?

Maybe I should be doing things differently, but here a couple of cases I use
redirects for:

- login: if the user accesses a restricted page before logging in, they get
redirected to a login page. And of course back to the referrer when they
have successfully logged in.

- private pages: if the users tries to access a 'private' (logged in, but no
permissions to the page) page, they get redirected out of the hierarchy to
prevent fishing around for content.

- form handling: we try to use a MVC paradigm in our cocoon webapps. This
implicitly uses redirects: the form posts to the controller which handles
the post and redirects to the results or errors.

fields. Depending on their success, I redirect to different places.

If these are covered using the sitemap redirector, great. If not, not so
good.

Per Kreipke