cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin Britton" <>
Subject RE: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/webapp/docs/samples/xsp cookie.xsp
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:29:05 GMT
> I also cleaned up the environment by removing some of the
> methods in the
> Request und Response objects, mainly (--and please don't kill
> me now--)
> the sendRedirect method and some other methods for
> manipulating the response
> output. (For the first initial test, I only commented the
> sendRedirect etc out...)

OK, so now you have removed it, I think it would be good for someone to
show, document and provide examples of the *correct* way to do
redirects. From the other Donald Ball's other email ([c2] problem with
actions) it was clearly not intuative to him how to do it from an action
- so the rest of us are in real trouble.

I think that removing this without showing how people are meant to work
is like chopping off someones legs.

A good scenario to make clear the usage for xsp would be for a user
login, lets say we have a form which checks a user name and password in
a database, this form is processed by an xsp (I know you could do it in
actions but a lot of people do this in XSP with C1). The result is is
the person is allowed in they get redirected to welcome.xsp or if false
get redirected to login_failed.xsp. You may have a better example in
which case great.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message