cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin Britton" <cbrit...@centervilletech.com>
Subject RE: [C2] Parameters passed to XSLT
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2001 14:11:44 GMT
Dims

Thanks for the response, but what if you are using the file generator or
the directory generator? In addition I think (and you all can scream at
me if I am wrong...) that there are many areas where within the
stylesheet one wants to make contextual decisions for display (such as
escaping all $ signs in content for display on a wap device) where
having to pass all that data in through the incoming document is a bad
idea.

Ovidiu Predescu has made good use of this type of feature with his
capabilites database for mobile devices (this is a feature he wrote for
C1). A particular browser description is passed as an argument to the
XSLT processor so that decisions based on it can be taken at the time of
page generation. see:
http://mailman.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003041.
html

This is just one case. You can already access any of the request
parameters in the stylesheet by declaring <xsl:param name="name of
request parameter"/> as a root node of the stylesheet, but I thought
that there was a way to also access session and cookie data in the same
way by using a shorthand such as <xsl:param name="c_name-of-cookie"/>

Any ideas or thoughts....

rgds
CB