cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <>
Subject Re: A plan for going beta with C2
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 13:49:47 GMT
Giacomo Pati <> wrote:
>For this I
>need to change the xdocs/site-docs.xml in the C1 repository to have a link
>this subdir. Robin, is this ok for you?

Go ahead.

>Do you have any conventions we still
>need to do concerning to update the Cocoon site?

I usually only update the website when releases occur, but I have no problem
with more frequent updates.

I guess you probably know all this already, but I just do -verbose site
cvs commit foo (if not already done)
cd ../xml-site/cocoon
tar cvfz ../cocoon.tgz *
scp ../cocoon.tgz
cd /www/
tar xvfz /tmp/cocoon.tgz
rm -f /tmp/cocoon.tgz

more or less as Stefano recommended. There is a CVS tree there but no point
in using it - only source xdocs need to be version controlled.
But - IMPORTANT - remember to do

cd /www/
chmod -R g+w *

(not a+w) on after uploading, otherwise other commiters might get
permission denied errors when they update the site. Or you could try scp -p
but that didn't work for me.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message