cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject Re: [C2] Problems with more than 10 simultaneous image requests
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2001 13:33:04 GMT

On Friday, April 6, 2001, at 01:36  pm, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Stuart Roebuck wrote:

>>> Are you using the DatabaseReader or the ResourceReader?
>>
>> ResourceReader.
>
> What is the load that exibited this behavior?  How many requests/second,
> simultaneous clients, etc.?  I have a feeling that this may be tied to
> the Pool throwing an exception when too many demands are placed on it,
> which means that I need to slam that thing to reproduce the error (and
> lower the number of cached instances).

This is just a single client calling up the images of a single page.  I've
just spent a bit of time looking for an exception and had problems
reproducing the fault for a while, but I think this is it:

ERROR   24369   [cocoon  ] (HttpProcessor[8080][1]): Problem with servlet
         at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:491)
         at java.util.ArrayList.remove(ArrayList.java:375)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.ComponentPool.put(ComponentPool.java:192)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentHandler.put
(CocoonComponentHandler.java:174)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.release
(CocoonComponentManager.java:218)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:952)
         at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:153)
         at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:107)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:425)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:246)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:191)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.
java:255)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
566)
         at
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:879)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.
java:225)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
566)
         at
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:879)
         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.
java:2175)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
566)
         at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.
java:446)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
564)
         at
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:879)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:
162)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:
566)
         at
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:879)
         at
827)
         at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:904)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:496)

Stuart.