cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Postmaster <postmas...@adolos.com>
Subject Re: [C2] ServletRequest.getRealPath() broken in recent CVS
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 08:27:15 GMT

>> dims,
>>
>> I've just been using the latest CVS of Cocoon and notice that some of my
>> XSP code is broken related to some of the recent additions to
>> cocoon.environment.
>>
>> The new environment.Request does not provide a getRealPath(String path)
>> method.  Is this intentional?
>
> Can you explain why you really need this method? It is a dangerous
> method because you shouldn't deal with absolut path names because of the
> possibility of mounting sub sitemap at a different context. If you
> really need such a functionality the environment should take care of
> this as it will do with the getRequestUri method.
>
> Giacomo

Yes, this is why I asked whether the removal had been 'intentional'.

I've simply got some XSP which is using Java file methods to access source
data files with filepaths relative to the context.  At the time when I set
these up, quite a while ago now, I couldn't see any other way of doing it.

Basically I'm either looking for an absolute file path to the context root,
  or some method for giving me a File in return for a context relative file
path.

Is there some obvious bit of functionality that I've not spotted?

Stuart.