cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: [C2] Switch on Cache by default (in cocoon.xconf)
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 06:59:54 GMT
Quoting Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@sundn.de>:

> > Giacomo Pati wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> >
> > > Carsten, Giacomo,
> > >
> > > Any reason not to?
> >
> > I have no objection so far.
> >
> No real objection from me - the only problem I see right now might
> be the memory consumption of the cache as nearly every request
> is cached in memory.

Well, it's a component. We can later on write a more sophisticated Store to use.
There has been a contribution from a Austrian guy (Froehlich ?) for a MRUStore
recently. Maybe this component can be configured to limit the storage used. Has
anybody had a look at it (sorry to that guy if we have not take it so far into
consideration, but you've seen we are working very hard on different frontiers
:)

A possible final solution could be a Store that keeps frequently used cache
object in memory an swaps out others to the file system.

Giacomo