cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: I have a new error in my execution of Cocon
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 14:21:52 GMT
Quoting Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org>:

> Giacomo Pati wrote:
> >
> > Quoting Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org>:
> >
> > > If I specify <event-handler
> > > class="org.apache.avalon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline"/>
> >
> > My specification is <event-pipeline
> > class="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline"/>
> >
> > and it works for me.
>
> Hmmm.  I checked and rechecked, I did originally write the class name
> correctly (unfortunately, I didn't in the email).
>
> My first request returns an empty document, and my second request gets
> the exception below.
>
> I have all the roles specified, and I am not getting any missing
> component exceptions either.
>

> > Giacomo
> >
> > > then I get the error following.  If I use the NonCaching version,
> then
> > > all is well.  Is there
> > > something else I am missing?
> > >
> > > DEBUG   42792   [cocoon  ] (Thread-9): Error processing pipeline
> > > org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute
> > > pipeline.:org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute
> > > pipeline.:org.xml.sax.SAXException: IOException:
> java.io.EOFException
> > >
> > >       at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.NonCachingStreamPipeline.process(NonCachin
> > gStreamPipeline.java:145)

After looking at the stacktrace I see that's the same error I get when I try to
request the jakarta sample from the welcome page. The welcome page and (I
think) the other samples are working well. I haven't investigated further on but
was astonished to see the NonCachingEventPipeline playing around but I have
specified the CachingEventPipeline in the xconf file :?

Giacomo