cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A plan for going beta with C2
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 13:07:44 GMT
Quoting Davanum Srinivas <dims@yahoo.com>:

> Giacomo,
>
> The SAXConnector stuff from Paul was for Content Aggregation (See
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=98363497918487&w=2) for
> more info.

After thinking about it I came to the conclusion that this way it is difficult
or impossible to achieve complete caching. A sitemap component *must* be able to
determine its cachability *prior* to the start of the pipeline because during
production it is not possible to determine that. Stefanos proposal has shown
that when a component depends on its input to determine cachability they cannot
be cached. Thus those SAXConnectors highly depend on their input to determine if
they need to request a sub-pipeline and thus the "main" pipeline those
SAXConnectors are in is not cachable at all (but maybe the sub-pipeline those
SAXConnectors requests).

Do you think my conclusions are correct?

Giacomo