cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: cocoon-reload=true or cocoon-reload%3Dtrue ?
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 08:31:42 GMT
Quoting Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@sundn.de>:

> After some investigation in this problem, I found a difference in the
> servlet engines.
> The CocoonServlet.getCocoon() method checks the pathInfo of the request:
> <<code snip>>
>     private synchronized Cocoon getCocoon(final String pathInfo, final
> String reloadParam) {
>         if (this.cocoon != null) {
>             if (this.cocoon.modifiedSince(this.creationTime)) {
>                 log.info("Configuration changed reload attempt");
>                 this.createCocoon();
>                 return this.cocoon;
>   !!TEST!!          } else if ((pathInfo == null) && (reloadParam !=
> null)) {
>                 log.info("Forced reload attempt");
>                 this.createCocoon();
>                 return this.cocoon;
>             }
>   !!TEST!!      } else if ((pathInfo == null) && (reloadParam != null))
> {
>             log.info("Invalid configurations reload");
>             this.createCocoon();
>             return this.cocoon;
>         }
>
>         return this.cocoon;
>     }
> <<end code snip>>
>
> So the cocoon-reload parameter does only take effect if the pathInfo is
> null. Using
> Tomcat 3.2.1 the pathInfo is always null, so the cocoon-reload works
> fine.
> Using e.g. Bea 5.1 the pathInfo is never null but the name of the
> requested resource,
> so cocoon-reload never works!
> Why is this test of the pathInfo here? What is the reason for this test?

Can you test if Catalina is reporting a PathInfo == null, too? I can imagine
that these tests are coded because of those servlet engines showed up a null
PathInfo. If Bea reports a empty string we will have to extend the test for
empty strings, too. The test how I understand them are that the cocoon-reload
parameter can only be honored on the root context PathInfo. Thus an URI like
http://localhost/cocoon/foo/bar?cocoon-reload=yes will never be used to reload
the cocoon engine given that http://localhost/cocoon is the context root, rigth?

Giacomo