cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: cocoon-reload=true or cocoon-reload%3Dtrue ?
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 06:50:53 GMT
Quoting Matthew Langham <mlangham@sundn.de>:

> Giacomo,
>
> hey - someone else working on a Sunday :-)
>

> > why is it that I need to enter "cocoon-reload%3Dtrue" in my Netscape
> browser
> > and "cocoon-reload=true" in IE to get Cocoon to actually recompile the
> > sitemap?
>
> Last time I've checked there was no need for reloading the sitemap.
> Remember that the sitemap recompiles asynchoniously so you don't get the
> expected result after the first try (not even the second one :).
> <<
>
> I know the sitemap is compiled in the background .. but there are times
> when
> I need to wait for the result - and I thought "cocoon-reload" was the
> way to
> do this - and hence my question.

IIRC using cocoon-reload does wait for the sitemap beeing
reinstantiated/recompilled. It might be usefull if you have changed jars in the
WEB-INF/lib section (but I've never tested if it reloads all references to
jars).

BTW: Can anybody imagine how to prevent using cocoon-reload because of DoS
attacks?

> But dont worry - its Monday - and Carsten is here - so I can get him to
> look
> :-) (Hey I love being a manager - sometimes) :-)))))

:P

Giacomo