cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Problem with SubSitemaps and XIncludeSAXConnector
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:54:22 GMT
giacomo wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> > Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> > >
> > > Berin,
> > >
> > > I looked everywhere, checked with Giacomo also....No luck. So think we will
have to add my
> > > previous hack. (pass current Sitemap all the way till it reaches SAXConnector).
> > > But we should also organize Sitemap's into a parent-children hierarchy so that
we can navigate the
> > > hierarchy programatically. This will also allow us to specify sitemaps relative
to each other.
> > > What do you think? The hack will be needed anyway to enable the SAXConnector
to know what the
> > > "Current" sitemap is. We could try this after Beta1.
> >
> > Yeah.  Isn't the sitemap supposed to continue to invoke subsitemaps when the requested
> > URI matches?  I mean I thought that was what happened, but that doesn't seem to
be the
> > case.
>
> The request URI you have at hand anywhere in the code is the one
> coresponding to the "current" sitemap. A URI requested from the request
> object might have stipped prefixes off and is not the absolute URI from
> the servlets point of view.

Yikes.  For XInclude stuff, I would imagine that it is clearer to come from the aspect of
relative to the root sitemap.  In other words, If I have a sitemap mounted at /advertisement/**
and I wanted to include something like /menu.xml, then I should have that ability without
copying the entry in every sitemap.  It makes more sense to me.

As far as the aggregation stuff is concerned, it makes sense the way it is now.  So I don't
know how to reconcile the two....