cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/webapp sitemap.xmap
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:12:42 GMT
dims@apache.org wrote:
>   Log:
>   Updated AvalonAPI.JAR for configure problems. TraxTransformer was
>   getting bad Configuration object for the first set of 4 components.
>
>   YES, i did not forget J2eeDataSource...

Awesome!  I tested it this morning (and found where my exception was
being generated), and Cocoon is no longer unusable after that first
exception.

BTW I have proposed a formal release plan for Avalon framework/excalibur,
and it looks as if it is going to be passed.  Once Avalon 4.0 b1 is
released, I propose that we stick with that release until 4.0 b2 is
released.

The plan states that the Beta 1 release of Avalon will be the final API
and resting place for all the interfaces that make up the framework.  The
Beta 2 release will be bug fixes and documentation updates.  The final
release will be more bug fixes, and roughly one month after the beta 2
release.

What it means is Avalon Framework stability is comming very soon.