cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <>
Subject Re: [c2] can't build latest cvs
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 22:12:35 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> /usr/home/balld/src/xml-cocoon2/build/cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/programming/java/
> No method matching getLogger() found in class
>                getLogger().warn("", e);
>                         ^
> /usr/home/balld/src/xml-cocoon2/build/cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/
> No method matching getLogger() found in class
> org.apache.cocoon.transformation.SQLTransformer.
>                         getLogger().debug("SQLTransformer", e);

This errors seem to come from Avalon

> (and a bunch more SQLTransformer errors)

The errors come from the log instance var having disappeared (probably
the same origin).

The reason is getLogger() is protected, and we cannot get it from the
inner class Query.

I wonder also how setLogger() is public while getLogger() is protected.
Looks counterintuitive.

I am fixing these, since I also discovered I put the init() and
recycle() methods in the wrong scope (also will comment start and end of
inner classes to make it clear.

Part of my changes got committed. I will also send a new patch changing
IllegalStateException to SAXException, since unchecked exceptions jump
out of the pipeline processing, making debugging much harder (at least
that was my experience when trying to undertans errors I got in here...)

I'll send a patch with these changes.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message