cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updates to Avalon Components delayed....
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2001 20:59:24 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Due to the incredible amount of restructuring over on Avalon,
> what would have been two very simple changes, involves changing
> package references in almost every class in Cocoon.  I am almost
> done with the update, but there may be some bugs introduced.

Quick summary of changes:

1) made all packages consistent with the agreed upon heirarchy in Avalon
2) made several ComponentHandler classes to maintain a consistent handling
   of the Component during it's lifetime
3) made ComponentHandler code check to see if a lifestyle class was
   implemented more than once and throw an exception if it does
4) made JdbcConnectionPool check to see if the pooled connection has
   been closed externally BEFORE returning it.
5) Removed Poolable from CompiledComponent
6) made XSPGenerator Poolable
7) made CompiledComponent a Component (Sitemap was not marked Component)
8) made AbstractSitemap ThreadSafe.