cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: problem with sitemap_xmap.java
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2001 17:52:27 GMT
Ola Lundqvist wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 06:35:02AM -0700, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>
>> Ola,
>>
>> Please remove your xalan jar from tomcat\lib directory. Make sure that the only Xalan
jar is in
>> the WEB-INF\LIB under cocoon. This should take care of your problem.
>

> GREAT! IT WORKS! You have saved my day. Why is it like this?

Classloader issues under Tomcat 3.2.X As security is improving, Tomcat
is avoiding that classes used by tomcat-proper mix with classes loaded
by the different webapps, and this not always works at the first attemp.

You can experience further problems with xerces versions (I'm in the
Jetspeed team, so I know :( )

The simplest way I have found to work is to replace jaxp.jar and
parser.jar from tomcat/lib with the most up-to-date release of xerces in
(Jetspeed|C2), usually C2. Tomcat works well with xerces replacing
jaxp.jar and parser.jar, and then the issues disappear.

Under Tomcat 4 problems are much worse. Remember the dreaded "Sealing
Violation?"?