cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Sitemap Mounting issue
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 20:11:03 GMT
giacomo wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:

<Snip/>

> > 2) Make all paths referenced in the Sitemap Context relative.  This
> >    allows for using the same stylesheets no matter how many levels of
> >    Sitemap mounts we do.  It will also allow us to take advantage of
> >    most servlet containers' security over files.  Lastly, it is more
> >    intuitive for new Cocoon developers.
>
> I doubt the last sentence. Its like a chroot environment.

(maybe I should have qualified it to _servlet_ developers)

You presented some convincing arguments regarding the way it is set up now.
There is still the redundancy issue with stylesheets.  How do I use a
specific stylesheet without having 10 copies of them based on where the
map is mounted.

We have a series of stylesheets that all pages are sent through so that we
have a uniform look and feel.  I am trying to keep the modularity up and
the rework down.  Would I specify them with "context://" URLs?

IOW will this work regardless of the sitemap that is processing the request?

<map:match pattern="**.html">
  <map:generate src="foo.xml"/>
  <map:transform src="context://stylesheets/foo2xhtml.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize/>
</map:match>