cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c2] problem with actions
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:25:58 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> > > okay, so i figured out and patched the problem i was having with the
> > > DatabaseAddAction (old JDBC driver), so naturally i'm on to something new.
> > > my sitemap has this rule:
> > >
> > > <map:match pattern="add/work">
> > >  <map:act type="add-work">
> > >   <parameter name="form-descriptor" value="context://resources/forms/work.xml"/>
> > >   <map:redirect-to uri="clients"/>
> > >  </map:act>
> > > </map:match>
> > >
> > > the action works fine, but the redirect doesn't occur. i end up with the
> > > good old 'Cocoon2 - Resource not found' error message. path-info is
> > > "add/work", not "clients" or even "add/clients". any clues?
> >
> > Does the Action return a Map object?  If not anything inside the Act
> > declaration is skipped.
>
> uh, it's your database add action, i'd think you'd know. ;) well, hmm,
> just looked in the source, and it always returns null. how were you
> planning on reporting success or failure?

There is no option for failure....

Exceptions are logged--I implemented this in a frenzy because I needed something
that worked for a web app I was supposed to be done with a week ago.  I never
imagined using it to optionally execute portions of code based on success or
failure.  PS I am still working on the webapp.... :)

If you want to edit the Action to return a Map on success, I don't have any
problems with that.