cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c2] simple sitemap question
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:49:29 GMT
giacomo wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Donald Ball wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> >
> > > The AbstractComplimentaryConfigurableAction (though the name is confusing)
> > > is used when you have a Configuration file that you want to load separately
> > > from the Sitemap.  The Sitemap configuration is not flexible enough for
> > > some Actions that need structured configurations like the {xxx}DatabaseActions
> > > and the convenience of the Parameters.  Since Cocoon doesn't pass Configuration
> > > objects,
>
> If I look into the sitemap.xsl Actions where configured like all other
> sitemap components. Why do you say Actions don't get passed
> Configuration objects?

I am refering to <map:act> sections in the pipeline or action sets.
Once the thing is originally configured, it can't have context dependant
configurations.  Example:

One action acts the same no matter where you use it.
You have context dependant mapping info that can't be expressed in Parameters.
Now you have to do one of two things:

1) Create a new instance of the action for all cases--not very flexible,
   and it forces the sitemap to explicitly add 20 different declarations
   for the same component.
2) Use this action, and specify an ancilliary configuration class that adds
   the context dependant information.

Basically what I am saying is that Actions are not passed Configuration objects
at _run_time_.