cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating Overflow Resource
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:51:06 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Hi cocooners
>
> After a test of the latest C2 CVS I notice after some time messages appearing in
> the log which states that we are "creating Overflow Resources". Does this mean
> that there are components which don't release their looked up component again to
> the manager? The components in question are JaxpParser, TraxTransformer,
> ErrorNotifier as well as NullSAXConnector.
>
> If so, could anybody take care of this issue?

There are some Components that hold on to their reference for JaxpParser for the
duration of their life.  I am not crazy about that, but the last time I looked
at the issue, the work to fix it would be more than I could do at this juncture.

The TraxTransformer, I thought was ok.

What it sounds like is that the Pipeline classes need to be audited to make sure
they are not only being disposed of, but that they are actually releasing the
Components.  I never audited them after your architectural change--before I did,
and they were working properly.