cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Standardizing Redirect in Cocoon
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:30:39 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> > > i'd think it would be pretty cool to have a filter which would check for
> > > context urls in certain HTML elements (a:href, img:src, etc.) and
> > > translate context: urls appropriately. anyone else think this would be
> > > useful?
> >
> > Yup.  That would be useful, but probably best done as a transformer.  The
> > transformer would be very light weight.
>
> i think filter == transformer. :) but good to see we're on the same page
> on this at least.

Ah, C2 vs. C1 terminology.  We should add to the C2 glossary what the equivalents
where called in C1, and in the C1 glossary (is there one?) what they will be
called in C2.  That way we can make the translation easily.

When I see the term "filter" I tend to think in more broad terms than Cocoon,
IOW implementation not architecture.