cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [C2]: Request/Response cleanup?
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2001 16:01:16 GMT

Jeremy Quinn a écrit :

> At 11:23 PM +0200 9/4/01, giacomo wrote:
> >I haven't got into it but I think if you were restrictive in
> >implementing methods used to compile C2, we will probabbly hear what is
> >missing sooner or later this month like the sendRedirect. I don't see
> >any real reason at the moment to have sendRedirect in C2. But maybe
> >someone can explain a situation where you need a programatic redirect.
> >
> >Giacomo
>
> Porting existing Cocoon 1 Tag Libraries to Cocoon 2.
>
> I feel that the WebApp capabilities of Cocoon 2 are going to be amazing,
> but will take some while for all the pieces to fall into place, for good
> working patterns to disseminate, for people to un-learn Cocoon 1 patterns.
>
> In the meantime, pragmatically, it would be a nuisance if TagLibs were not
> able to trigger redirects.
>
> Why place extra barriers, especially at this stage, to people wanting to
> port to Cocoon 2?
>
> regards Jeremy
> --
>
>    Jeremy Quinn                                           Karma Divers
>                                                        webSpace Design
>                                             HyperMedia Research Centre
>
>    <mailto:sharkbait@mac.com>                    <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
>     <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>        <pager:jermq@sms.genie.co.uk>

Same for us : we plan to port our existing applications to Cocoon2,
which will be a matter of days with sendRedirect (minor changes in the
logicsheets and changing XObject to XMLFragment). But without
sendRedirect, this will lead to big changes and their cost will probably
forbid the port of these apps.

--
Sylvain Wallez