cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: Odds of having Xalan2 with C1 ?
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 16:53:27 GMT a écrit :
> This might have been discusses before and I apologize for asking it again.
> Are there any plans to have C1 working with Xalan2 ?
> We are having speed issues, i.e. the servlet version is a lot faster then
> the C1 version and are hopping that Xalan2 would speed things up.
> Let me know :)
> Phil
For the same reason (speed), we switched to Saxon last week using the
new SAXONTransformer class that's in CVS. And our apps are since then
*way* faster.

The reasons for the speed increase : Saxon is intrinsically faster than
Xalan 1 and SAXONTransformer keeps compiled stylesheets in memory
whereas XalanTransformer only keeps the DOM representing the XSL,
meaning recompilation for each request.

Sylvain Wallez
Anyware Technologies -

To unsubscribe, e-mail: