cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Problems with more than 10 simultaneous image requests
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2001 17:27:15 GMT
Stuart Roebuck wrote:

> This is just a single client calling up the images of a single page.  I've
> just spent a bit of time looking for an exception and had problems
> reproducing the fault for a while, but I think this is it:

I narrowed down the problem.  It had to do with the Lock class not doing what
it was designed to do.  I completely reimplemented it (it blocks until
it is unlocked), and slammed my personal server with JMeter.  I was quite
pleased to see that performance almost doubled due to the inneficiency of
storing locks in a Hashtable.