cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject JdbcDataSource Issue Resolved
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2001 14:04:27 GMT
Thanks to Giacomo, an issue was brought to my attention:
"What if the DB server severs the connection?".  Until
now, the bad connection was still kept in the pool.
Obviously this is wrong, so now the JdbcDataSource will
check the connection to see if it is closed (con.isClosed()),
and if so it will destroy the bad connection object and
create a new connection to replace it.

The only problem is if the DB Server is down, the pool will
shrink to zero connections because new connections cannot
be made.  The JdbcConnectionPool is designed to have exactly
a certain number of connections, and does not check to see if
it has changed size.

That will be the next step, but we will see how this works.