cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Problems with more than 10 simultaneous image requests
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2001 12:36:03 GMT
Stuart Roebuck wrote:

> On Thursday, April 5, 2001, at 07:34  pm, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> > Stuart Roebuck wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm coming across a problem when the current CVS of C2 is put under heavy
> >> load.  I wonder whether it could be something to do with the component
> >> pooling.  It appears as thought there may be a problem when more than
> >> about 10 images are requested simultaneously.
> >>
> >> Any thoughts?
> >>
> >> The net result is that pages loaded during the heavy load period exhibit
> >> missing images, as if the requests have been refused rather than delayed.
> >> Reaccessing the page brings the images back no problem.
> >>
> >> I'm sorry that I'm just generating bug reports at the moment and not
> >> doing
> >> much to follow them through.  Hopefully I'll have a bit more time
> >> sometime
> >> soon!
> >
> > Are you using the DatabaseReader or the ResourceReader?
>
> ResourceReader.

What is the load that exibited this behavior?  How many requests/second,
simultaneous clients, etc.?  I have a feeling that this may be tied to
the Pool throwing an exception when too many demands are placed on it,
which means that I need to slam that thing to reproduce the error (and
lower the number of cached instances).