cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject [C2] I have moved ComponentManagement framework to Avalon
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2001 20:28:10 GMT
I placed Cocoon's ComponentManagement framework in Avalon so
that it can benefit the widest audience.  It was so generic
and powerful, that it begged to be incorporated in Avalon.

The new location for the classes is now:

org.apache.avalon.component.Default*

The reason for that package is in anticipation of Avalon's
moving to 4.0 beta 1 in May (rough guestimate, mileage may
vary, etc.).  That move will restructure the Avalon package
into a more manageable heirarchy, and will *Remain static*.
This is a feature that is highly desireable.

We are all looking forward to Avalon's API finally being
settled, and it will help Cocoon and users of Cocoon in
the long run.