cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [C2]: Countdown for going beta
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2001 13:44:48 GMT
Please see below.

--- giacomo <giacomo@apache.org> wrote:
> Now that we know that Avalon is focusing on May 11 for beta we should go
> beta as well some days after (except there are issues which need to be
> solved prior to go beta).

Can we go beta along with them? on May 11?

> I like the plan how avalon will go productive.
>
> 1. Do a beta 1 release.
> 2. Clean up docs and latest bugs for about a month.
> 3. Do a beta 2 release.
> 4. See if things have stabilized another month.
> 5. Go productive.

Sounds like a plan.

> Is there a need to have a separate CVS repository for C2 to cleaner
> separate C1 from C2 and have the ability to label the releases?

Yes, +1 for a separate CVS repository.

> Here are the points from the todo-list:
>
>   <action context="code" assigned-to="open">
>    Reloading of jar-files.
>    The class-path for the Cocoon-Servlet is only build once when the
>    servlet is initialised. If you want to deploy other jar files you
>    have to restart the servlet. A reloading of the Cocoon is not
>    sufficient. This is not very convenient. Suggestion: When Cocoon is
>    reloaded (a new cocoon instance is created then) the classpath is
>    rebuild and used.
>   </action>
>
> Can someone tell us the status of this?
> Is this an issue that must be solved for Beta 1?

IMHO, This is not needed for Beta1.

>   <action context="code" assigned-to="DM">
>    Make the evaluation/application of logicsheets in the XSP system
>    reliable and usable without hassle to the logicsheet programmer
>   </action>
>
> I don't know the status of this. IIRC this issue has to do with Berins
> complains about having to declare every namespace in XSP page which are
> used by the logicsheets and their logicsheets and so on.

Yes, this is done. Will remove it.

>   <action context="code" assigned-to="PR">
>    Implement transparent content aggregation at the pipeline level.
>   </action>
>
> This is done (might be buggy concerning namespace handling. This is
> true for sitemap level aggregation as well)

We need some samples and expected results from some of the Namespace Guru's. Any volunteers?

Thanks,
dims

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager