cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Man <Martin....@seznam.cz>
Subject Re: [C2] Protected area app
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2001 19:11:30 GMT
On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 07:05:53AM +0200, giacomo wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Allan Erskine wrote:
>
> > Regarding Martin's comment inside the protected area (it's been a useful example
for me - thanks!!), is there no clever way a matcher or selector can capture the aspect of
repeated session validation in every map:match fragment?  I haven't thought of one myself,
but if you could be assured that the following sort of fragment

> > <map:match pattern="protected**">
> >     <session validator action>
> >         <any protected content generated/>
> >     </session validator action>
> >     <action failed>
> >         <back to login/>
> >     </action failed>
> > </map:match>
> >
> > were always evaluated before any protected content, surely this would be all it
would take?  I'm probably missing something....

> > For instance how about mounting a sitemap that doesn't care about security, only
if the validation on a security checking sitemap is passed....?

> No problem. Replace the <any protected content.../> above with a <mount>
> element.

wow, even me when designing these actions I haven thought about this and now I
found it very promissing :))