cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Man <>
Subject Re: [c2] problem with actions
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 15:48:51 GMT
On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 11:19:50AM -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Martin Man wrote:

> [snip]
> What would you like to see returned?  The idea of the Map object is to have
> variables that you want to react to in the sitemap.  If your sitemap entry
> were re-oriented, we won't have to return a Map object at all:
> <map:match pattern="add/work">
>   <map:act type="add-work">
>     <parameter name="form-descriptor" value="context://resources/forms/work.xml"/>
>   </map:act>
>   <map:redirect-to uri="clients"/>
> </map:match>
> Notice that I moved the redirect outside the action?

of course, know this behavior, but what if you want to nest several
database-add actions together (not a very good exmple), then you need to
return at least empty map to indicate that action invocation succedded, this
I'm doing in SessionInvalidator action (maybe it is wasting of resources, but
surely always returned null won't help either),

in my webapp-example available under cocoon/protected you can see this action

<map:act type="form-validator">
	<map:act type="database-authenticator">
		whatever else

generaly nesting of actions is (as I understand it) something like
if-then-else clause, "if-then" -> go deeper, "else" go to next element at the
same level in the tree, am I wrong ??

> If you need to react to specific information returned from the action, then
> it makes sense to enclose the <map:redirect-to/> element in the <map:act/>
> element.
see above