cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Re[2]: [C2] Default Database - based on HSQL Database Engine
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:34:06 GMT
Krzysztof,

Can you figure out a way to run HSQL in the stand-alone mode. So that we don't have to run
any
batch files?

I had set it up that way by specifying the full path of files in the jdbc connect statement.
"jdbc:hsqldb:${install.war}/cocoon/WEB-INF/db/cocoondb". Does this fail for you?

Thanks,
dims

--- Krzysztof Zielinski <kzielinski@supermedia.pl> wrote:
> Hello.
>
>       HSQL database from C2 doesn't work so I have prepared some
>       patches.
>       1.
>               xml-cocoon/web-inf/db/cocoondb.script
>               I have added needed XML_TABLE
>       2.
>               xml-cocoon/web-inf/db/runWebServer.bat
>               xml-cocoon/web-inf/db/runWebServer.sh
>               Scipts for starting HSQL Database in backgroud.
>       4.
>               xml-cocoon/database.properties
>               Modiffied file with correct database-url
>
>       5.
>               To run Cocoon2 with HSQL DB you need:
>         a)
>               Build Cocoon2 as it is written in xml-cocoon/Install
>     [unix]  ./build.sh  -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp
>     [win32] .\build.bat -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp
>         c)
>              Copy cocoon.war to Tomcat webapps and start Tomcat
>         b)
>               Start HSQL DB
>               xml-cocoon/web-inf/db/runWebServer.bat
>               xml-cocoon/web-inf/db/runWebServer.sh
>

> --
> Best regards,
>  Krzysztof                            mailto:kzielinski@supermedia.pl
>   ICQ # 47933362

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/octet-stream name=runWebServer.bat

> ATTACHMENT part 3 application/octet-stream name=runWebServer.sh

> ATTACHMENT part 4 application/octet-stream name=database.properties

> ATTACHMENT part 5 application/octet-stream name=cocoondb.script

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI