cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <pruss...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/components/saxconnector NullSAXConnector.java SAXConnector.java
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 22:10:24 GMT
* giacomo (giacomo@apache.org) wrote :
> Paul,
> Can you explain how this kind of content aggregation works together with
> caching?

This was the content aggregation implementation we discussed some time
ago based on inclusion only -- the include code needs to be cache aware,
and when we get to that stage, we'll implement it.

> As far as I see caching, there will be an evaluation process going on
> prior to pipeline production. But a SAXConnector as I understand it from
> the code will not be able to determine its cachability in any way. Tell
> me that I've missed something :)

What do you mean by 'cacheability'? All the include code will do is pull
resources from elsewhere in the sitemap - through existing pipelines -
which will already have caching implemented. In terms of working out
whether an existing cache entry is valid after the IncludeSAXConnector,
this will depend on:

 * Whether the pipeline before the IncludeSAXConnector is cacheable
 * and whether an included resource is cache safe.

Is there any way around this?

Apologies, but I've been away for a bit, so I'm not sure what's changed
in terms of caching architecture. How are you intending to implement
caching? Using the cache key and validator idea, or something else?

Paul.