cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [C2]: Request/Response cleanup?
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 12:20:04 GMT
Carsten,

Regarding #1, I had an offline query from ""Colin Britton" <cbritton@centervilletech.com>"
about
"Cookie logicsheets". Colin mentioned that they have ported the Cookie Logicsheet from C1
to C2.
(But not to the latest Request/Response interface). Waz waiting to hear from him again....Before
fixing the Cookie / HttpSession dependencies. But, yes, please go ahead and add new classes
wrap Cookie and Session.

Regarding #2, Am ok (+1) with removing sendRedirect()

Thanks,
dims

--- Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@sundn.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> regarding the current Request/Response objects of the environment,
> they are still some problems to fix:
> 1. They still depend on the javax.servlet package.
>    This is caused by the usage of the javax.servlet.http.HttpSession
>    and the javax.servlet.http.Cookie objects.
>
>    We could remove these dependencies by creating one classes for
>    Session and Cookie, like we did for the Response and the Request.
>    I think this makes sense for the Session, but I am not sure
>    about Cookie as not every environment will support cookies.
>
> 2. Some methods should not be allowed resp. might not available in
>    every environment.
>    We should remove the sendRedirect() method to avoid messing up
>    the output (as Stefano suggested).
>    Further, there might be method which only make sense with http
>    environment. How should we handle these?
>
> What do you think about this?
>

> Regards
> Carsten
>
> Open Source Group              sunShine - Lighting up e:Business

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI