cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith Bigelow" <keith.bige...@lutris.com>
Subject RE: [C2] InstantDB - License
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 00:51:49 GMT
Steven,

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you.  I've checked in with our
CTO and others, and we can definitely work with Cocoon to get the binary
release, but the release of source continues to be a problem for
Lutris/Enhydra.org, until some legal contracts with other firms prior to our
acquisition of the code is complete.  This has not been as expedient has
we'd hoped...

Will the binary do for the project, or were you looking to use specific
chunks of the code in source form for integration?  If you just need binary,
I think we can probably involve some legal weasels and get you going.

best regards,

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: steven.noels@the-ecorp.com [mailto:steven.noels@the-ecorp.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 5:21 AM
To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Cc: feedback@enhydra.org
Subject: RE: [C2] InstantDB - License

>From the InstantDB License page
(http://instantdb.enhydra.org/software/license/instantDB.html):

[...]

InstantDB Licensing

The InstantDB binary releases are free for evaluation and development. Until
InstantDB is Open Sourced please contact Lutris Technologies for full
license details.

[...]

As far as I can read, this means also that

1) InstantDB binary releases are not explicitelly made free for production
purposes, and
2) given *real* interest, we should contact Lutris asking about the full
license (I've copied them).

</Steven>