cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Conny Krappatsch <ckrappat...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: AW: [C2]: Status report on caching - update
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 07:57:53 GMT
On Wednesday 11 April 2001 17:02, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > Von: Conny Krappatsch [mailto:conny@smb-tec.com]
> >
> > Quoting Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@sundn.de>:
> > > The storing of the sax events is implemented by two more Avalon
> > > components
> > > the XMLSerializer and the XMLDeserializer. I just used Stefano's
> > > XMLCompiler
> > > and modified it a little bit.
> >
> > On Wednesday 11 April 2001 15:00, Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > > Don't worry but :) I've had an error when I was requesting the
> >
> > jakarta site
> >
> > > in the samples (no data).
> >
> > Maybe this is related to a bug in Stefanos original code, which caused a
> > ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException to be thrown, if the XML document
> > contains a
> > none ASCII character.
> >
> > I don't know if it has been fix since i reported it to the list:
> > <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=97317213022512&w=1>
>
> OK, I will look into it then.

I had a look at org.apache.cocoon.xml.CompiledXMLInputStream.java
and - hmmm - it's fixed - somehow. The (unexpected ) behaviour is now
described in the javadoc comment of readChars().

I was wrong with the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. The problem was (is?),
if the XML document contains none ASCII characters, getChars() returns a
character array which has 0x00 characters at the end. This may lead to
strange errors if you don't expect it.

Conny