cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Allan Erskine <a.ersk...@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Subject [C2] Protected area app
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 04:40:31 GMT
Regarding Martin's comment inside the protected area (it's been a useful example for me - thanks!!),
is there no clever way a matcher or selector can capture the aspect of repeated session validation
in every map:match fragment?  I haven't thought of one myself, but if you could be assured
that the following sort of fragment

<map:match pattern="protected**">
    <session validator action>
        <any protected content generated/>
    </session validator action>
    <action failed>
        <back to login/>
    </action failed>
</map:match>

were always evaluated before any protected content, surely this would be all it would take?
 I'm probably missing something....

For instance how about mounting a sitemap that doesn't care about security, only if the validation
on a security checking sitemap is passed....?

Allan