cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gerhard Fröhlich <>
Subject Re: AW: [C2] Switch on Cache by default (in cocoon.xconf)
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 19:47:07 GMT
> Well, it's a component. We can later on write a more sophisticated Store
to use.
> There has been a contribution from a Austrian guy (Froehlich ?) for a
> recently. Maybe this component can be configured to limit the storage
used. Has
> anybody had a look at it (sorry to that guy if we have not take it so far
> consideration, but you've seen we are working very hard on different
> :)
I'm still there and watching cocoon growing :-). You dont' t have to
apologize . It's always hard to get involved in so large projects and I have
to do a lot of work at business, too.
Yes my component is configurable. Currently in two ways:
* The cached objects have a configurable "lifecycle". If the "lifecycle" of
a  object is over, it "dies".
* Also could the number of objects in the cache be limited. If the Limit is
reached the last object in the cache will be removed.
* there are also lot other possibilities, like combination of some caching
rules (like LFU / MRU) and so on.
My solution is a combination between a LinkedList and a HashMap. Both are
JDK1.2 > components.
> A possible final solution could be a Store that keeps frequently used
> object in memory an swaps out others to the file system.
Sounds good. Mhhhh... maybe a solution like Squid or something else. I will
keep an eye on this proposal.

In the mean time, I try to get an overview over cocoon and cocoon2 :-) and I
hope I can support in the nearer future...

So long

PS: my name is Gerhard Froehlich and I'm a German guy, living and working in
vienna :-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message