cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Allan Erskine <a.ersk...@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Subject Re: esql errors
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 01:33:19 GMT
I have just tried the latest and greatest and everything (aggregation, esql)
seems to be working well again.

I've also noticed the sporadic error about ArrayIndexOutOfBounds exception
that Donald mentioned.  The protected area webapp seemed to be a good place
to generate it - I've seen it there on at least three occasions...login to
the protected area and hit reload a few times in succession (not too close
together mind) and it (sometimes) appears with good regularity for the first
few tries, but then stabilises)

I tried to recreate it by wiping the work dir and restarting Tomcat, but the
error stubbornly refused to resurface.  Being the superstitious type I even
restarted my computer, and guess what?!  Still nothing!

But then I tried retracing my steps from the other day, and found a way to
reproduce it.  Don't set up the hsql system, but do have another database
(mine's is postgres) configured in cocoon.xconf and web.xml.  I removed the
classloader instruction for the hsql.jdbcDriver.  Try these samples in
succession....Simple XSP (works), Simple SQL (works), ESQL (fails, because
it relies on HSQL), Session XSP (works), Protected area (works, but then
almost always fails when you login, and again when you reload, but then
stabilises).

Log attached (W2K, JDK1.3, Tomcat).

Allan