cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: quick question on logging and actions
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 00:26:14 GMT
On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> > while mine is simply:
> >
> >    <map:match pattern="forms/mail">
> >      <map:act action="send-mail">
> >        <parameter name="smtphost" value="mail.webslingerZ.com"/>
> >        <map:generate src="docs/samples/forms/mail.xhtml"/>
> >        <map:serialize/>
> >      </map:act>
> >    </map:match>
> >
> > why would that not work?
>
> The way yours is set up, it is _supposed_ to be executed every time
> the URL is accessed.  Try deleting your sitemap, so that it gets
> compiled fresh.  Also make sure the class is in the classpath.

i have a script which deletes everything related to cocoon in my catalina
installation whenever i rebuild cocoon. :) so yes, the sitemap has been
recompiled and the SendmailAction class is in the cocoon jar file

> There is some rudimentary documentation on actions in the
> C2 CVS.  Let me know what helps, what confuses the matter, and
> what needs further explanation.

i've of course read it backwards and forwards - some comments are:

1. what's up with this actions.inc file?

2. what's in the objectModel?

3. the sitemap action syntax "documented" in the README seems to be old

all in all, i think c2 just needs a few more actions and examples in the
sample webapp - a deficiency i'm attempting to rectify. :)

note i'm going to be visiting my new nephew (!) over the next few days so
will only be on email sporadically. i hope to have some time to spend
working on c2 off-line, so any help you can give me debugging this would
be helpful. :)

- donald