cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <>
Subject Re: quick question on logging and actions
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2001 22:06:54 GMT
On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> My assumption is that the <map:generate/> section is serializing your form?

yah, i'm just writing raw XHTML for simplicity during testing.

> If your action is to be the handler for a form, then you must place it in
> a URL where the ACTION of your form is pointing.
> For example:
> <form name="fu" action="handle-fu">
>   <input type="submit"/>
> </form>
> You will have two entries in the Sitemap (although if your desire is to
> go directly to the same form you can collapse it into one):
> <map:match pattern="handle-fu">
>   <map:act action="send-mail">
>     <parameter name="smtphost" value=""/>
>   </map:act>
>   <map:redirect-to uri="fu"/>
> </map:match>
> <map:match pattern="fu">
>   <map:generate src="docs/samples/forms/mail.xhtml"/>
>   <map:serialize/>
> </map:match>

my desire is to go directly to the same form, so i ripped off the employee
update action model... incorrectly? yours is:

   <map:match pattern="forms/employee">
     <map:act set="employee">
       <parameter name="form-descriptor"
       <map:generate type="serverpages"
       <map:transform src="stylesheets/dynamic-page2html.xsl"/>

while mine is simply:

   <map:match pattern="forms/mail">
     <map:act action="send-mail">
       <parameter name="smtphost" value=""/>
       <map:generate src="docs/samples/forms/mail.xhtml"/>

why would that not work?

> Also note that if the Action does not return a Map object, then no
> sitemap events contained inside will execute.  In that case, you
> either have to return an empty map, or place those events outside
> the <map:act/> event.

it returns an empty new HashMap...

- doanld

To unsubscribe, e-mail: