cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: quick question on logging and actions
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2001 21:51:24 GMT
On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Examine any of the number of concrete actions available.  Once you write one
> or two, it becomes easier and easier.

that's what i'm trying for. hmm, still having trouble actually getting the
action invoked. here's what's in my sitemap:

  <map:actions>
   <map:action name="add-employee"
src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.DatabaseAddAction"/>
   <map:action name="del-employee"
src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.DatabaseDeleteAction"/>
   <map:action name="upd-employee"
src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.DatabaseUpdateAction"/>
   <map:action name="send-mail"
src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.SendmailAction"/>
  </map:actions>

   <map:match pattern="forms/mail">
     <map:act action="send-mail">
       <parameter name="smtphost" value="mail.webslingerZ.com"/>
       <map:generate src="docs/samples/forms/mail.xhtml"/>
       <map:serialize/>
     </map:act>
   </map:match>

i'm logging extensively throughout my action, but i don't see anything in
the cocoon.log file (which i didn't know about, thanks for the tip!) the
mail.xhtml file is just a simple mail form that posts its results to its
source URL. i get the form again in my browser, but no mail action has
been fired off. any clues?

- donald