cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject PMC - Vote for rebooted PMC just around the corner.
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 06:16:14 GMT

This message is to update you on what we are doing about a PMC for the XML
project. As you may recall - two weeks ago - upon request from the ASF
board - we started a process on the 'general' mailing list to create a new
PMC for the XML projects.

Since then we have gathered a list of volunteers for the new PMC, talked
about the size, ideas of standing workinggroups and the possible
priorities. A lot of you have participated in this. After several call's
and final calls we have now a good 'final' list of volunteers for the PMC.

So we are ready to ask the XML community to vote to get a list of 5 people
to propose as the PMC to the ASF board.

We plan to open the vote on the 20010310 - i.e. two days from now.

However, as I realize that some of you might not have had the bandwidth to
follow the discussion, I want to give all groups a final, final chance to
push forward a volunteer from their midst.

Since the call for volunteers has long been - adding someone this late in
the game is not to be done lightly. So any volunteer to be added this late
needs to a) fill out the 1-2-3-4 template posted and sent this to
general@, b) be seconded by +1's from at least two committers sent to
general@, and all this need to be in before we start voting. I.e. before
20010309 23.59 UTC.

In any case - I'll sent out a message to all xml lists, members@ and