cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Known problem? XSP taglib with document(...) change don't get noticed
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2001 22:23:32 GMT

> the document() function as provided by xalan
> caches.... aggressively, let's say.

Only for the life of the transformation, I think (hope).  We've looked into
what can be done about this, but it's a rather nasty problem...

-scott

                    Donald Ball

                    <balld@websli        To:     <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>

                    ngerZ.com>           cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                         Subject:     Re: Known problem? XSP taglib with document(...)
change
                    03/16/2001           don't get noticed

                    02:56 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cocoon-dev

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Peter C. Verhage wrote:

> Weird subject?! :)
>
> What I ment is, when I create a taglib, that uses the XSLT document()
method
> to include data from a certain XML document, once the page is generated
it
> will not get regenerated once the with the document method included XML
> document changes.

try the util logicsheet. the document() function as provided by xalan
caches.... aggressively, let's say. forever is another word you could use.
besides, using the document() function to include xml data, even if you
could detect changes to the xml data, would mean having to endure an xsp
recompile whenever the xml data changed.

- donald