cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: C2 and Saxon
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2001 03:18:24 GMT

"Matthew Langham" <mlangham@sundn.de> wrote:
> The difference in speed seems to make Saxon an iteresting alternative -
if
> only the XPathAPI was there.

Our measurements with XalanJ2 seem to place the latest SAXON and XalanJ2
neck-to-neck in terms of performance.  SAXON is a little faster in some
cases and XalanJ2 a bit faster in other cases, but there were no
significant differences in terms of transform time, and only one case of
significant difference in terms of stylesheet processing time.  This was
using the JAXP 1.1 (TrAX) APIs.  This is pretty good considering the
incremental processing model of XalanJ2... especially important for the
chained transforms that Cocoon does.

I don't mean to be defensive... I think it is a very good thing to enable
SAXON for Cocoon.

-scott