cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: strange resons not going beta (was Re: C2: trouble getting streaming to work as expected)
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:55:55 GMT
Hi,

as you all know we have been using C2 in our sunShine platform for over 6 months.
We agree with Giacomo that the functionality currently in C2 is very stable.

The main problem we find when convincing customers to implement a C2-based infrastructure
is the fact that C2 is still alpha and relatively unknown.

We see two ways of fixing this:
1. Define a release date for the first beta and stick to it. Whatever is in
   C2 by that date is part of the release. The rest is then for the next version.
   This would then allow us to quickly generate more interest for C2.

   Caching: We suggest implementing a first version of caching based on the various
            suggestions in this list.

            We would volunteer to implement this by the end of April.

2. Define exactly what is considered necessary for a beta version, perhaps by way of
   a vote. Once the content has been defined and we have found volunteers to implement
   it, we can define a date for the beta release.

We would prefer the first alternative with a release date 1st of May, because
- if we are able to quickly release a beta version of C2 then we should be able to get
  more developers involved and therefore speed up the addition of new features.
- the second alternative may take a long time to complete as the past has shown.
- the basics for content aggregation have already been implemented and so introducing
  this feature in a next release should not be difficult.

Matthew
Carsten