cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@sundn.de>
Subject XMLCompiler / XMLInterpreter - threadsafe?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2001 15:57:21 GMT
Are these 2 classes thread safe?

We are still having problems with concurrent access of C2 resources (see
Carsten Zieglers messages on the topic of "Strange problems with concurrent
access of Xalan-2.0.0") and trying to pin down what is happening.

One scenario where we can reproduce an effect like this is:

We have a C2-component that starts off several threads. Each thread then
accesses a C2 resource and the results are then combined into a single view
(did someone say "portal"?). We sometimes have an effect that the result
streams are mixed up. And as we are using the above classes for part of this
and I was wondering if there could be a cause here.

Matthew

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]