cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@sundn.de>
Subject [RT] Cocoon conference?
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 07:15:09 GMT
Hi,

my name is Matthew Langham and I am the technical director of the Open
Source group here at s&n AG in Paderborn, Germany. Our major activity is a
complete commercial web services platform based on Cocoon 2 (sunShine). Our
lead developer, Carsten Ziegeler, works actively on the C2 project.

We are currently showing sunShine at CeBIT and receiving great feedback on
the underlying C2 architecture.

Now - I think the next step is to get Cocoon more attention in the public
eye. We all _know_ that it is a great platform for web development - but up
to now the public coverage has been limited.

So my idea is to get Cocoon evangelists, users and critics together for the
"1st International Cocoon conference" here in Paderborn (and yes we have an
airport). I can imagine 2-3 days of presentations and tracks on Cocoon
(technical, business oriented, whatever).

So what do you think? This is a mail aimed at finding out your interest
(whether as a participant, speaker or even sponsor) and getting your
feedback on this subject. Send me a message (not to the list) so I can
decide whether this is something we should persue further.

Regards

Matthew Langham