cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Santoso, Tommy" <Tommy.Sant...@Dresdner-Bank.com>
Subject AW: ServletOutputLogTarget not included
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 16:08:41 GMT
Hi Berin, thanks for the answer.

Do you realize that logkit.jar is included in jakarta-avalon module in its
third party jars and
avalonapi.jar contains logkit.jar?

please check out xml-cocoon/lib/avalonapi.jar

Cheers,

Tommy

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 7. März 2001 16:22
An: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Betreff: Re: ServletOutputLogTarget not included

"Santoso, Tommy" wrote:

> I'm developing some stuffs with xml-cocoon at moment and just checked out
> xml-cocoon a minute ago. Since ServletOutputLogTarget apart of avalon, I
> find it makes sence to include it in third party jars of xml-cocoon.
Please
> make sure to include servlet.jar in third party jars during building the
> logkit.jar.
>
> Question: Is it necessary to include both logkit.jar and avalonapi.jar?
> since logkit.jar apart of avalonapi.jar

Actually, that is no longer the case.  After Avalon made the move to
Jakarta, the one large project was split into five smaller projects:
Avalon (avalonapi.jar), LogKit (logkit.jar), Testlet (testlet.jar),
Pheonix (pheonix.jar: server kernel), and Cornerstone (cornerstone.sar:
basic server Blocks).

As a consequence, LogKit is no longer part of avalonapi.jar.  I will
correct the logkit.jar issue with ServletOutputLogTarget.